Welcome to the Alberta Association of Artist-run Centres (AAARC)
The AAARC facilitates advocacy, networking, and development for artist-run centres in the Alberta region. The AAARC is part of the regional caucus of Arca (Artist-Run Centres and Collectives Conference / La Conférence des collectifs et des centres d’artistes autogérés) an organization that represents and advocates for Canadian artist-run organizations on the national and international scenes.
1. To provide a communication network for Artist-run culture in Alberta
2. To promote the recognition and continued development of Artist-run culture throughout Alberta.
3. To promote activities of member organizations through shared initiatives, outreach and education at variety of levels.
4. To advocate for non-discriminatory practices, and to facilitate inclusive and collaborative dialogues within the arts.
5. To raise funds to achieve the objects of the society. This includes accepting gifts, donations, grants, legacies, bequests, and inheritances.
To find out more, contact one of the member organizations, or AAARC president, Su Ying Strang.